Two Things Every Family Needs
Read Colossians 3:18-21
1. What kind of home did you grow up in? Closed, open, or random home? What impacted you the most?
2. Two important ingredients for a family to flourish is in love and discipline. However, each of us has a bias based on the home we grew up in. Which way do you tend to pull more toward? Love or discipline?
3. When it comes to parenting, what kind of parent are you? Permissive or a perfectionist? What are the pros and cons of each one?
4. What is your definition of discipline? What is the Bible’s definition of discipline?
5. Read Hebrews 12:6. Discipline is an expression of God’s love. Have you ever experienced God’s discipline in your life? If so, did you feel loved by him?
6. Jesus is the embodiment of grace and truth/love and discipline. What are some ways you can allow Jesus to “fill the gap” when it comes to parenting? If your children are already grown, how does Jesus bring you peace about your parenting years?