Deeper Relationships: What no one ever told you about friendships
Read the following Scriptures:
Proverbs 17:17; Proverbs 18:24; Proverbs 25:17; Proverbs 25:20; Proverbs 26:18-19; Proverbs 27:6; Proverbs 27:9; Proverbs 27:14
- Think of the best friends you have had in your life. Elementary school? High school? College? Today? Share with your group.
- What makes them such great friends? What are some of the experiences you remember in these friendships?
- As a group, come up with a list of biblical characteristics of a godly friend based on the Scriptures you have read.
- What are some challenges that hinder you from being that kind of godly friend?
- Read John 15:12-15. Knowing that Jesus is your ultimate friend, how does it empower you to be the kind of friend you should be?
- How does being the kind of friend your heart desires helps you to have the kind of friends your heart needs?