Read James 1:9-11
1. How does James turn the assumed status of the rich and poor upside down?
2. In what way does a poor believer have a high position?
3. In what way will the rich be humiliated?
4. Is it wrong for the poor to seek to better their financial condition? What parameters apply?
5. Do these verses teach it is wrong to be rich? If not, what do they teach about riches?
6. What can a poor person learn from this?
7. What can a rich person learn from this?
8. What can we learn about the meaning of life?