Happy in Persecution
Read Matthew 5:10
- What does “Blessed are the persecuted” mean to you?
- Jesus says that the kingdom of heaven belongs to “the poor in spirit” and “those who are persecuted because of righteousness” why do you think he chose those beatitudes in particular?
- Has there been a time in your life when opposition closed a door? Was it for the better?
- What does righteousness look like on a daily basis?
- Describe a time in your life when you’ve felt persecuted for anything. Looking back at that moment were you able to praise God? Why or why not?
- Jesus lived out the ultimate persecution by laying his life down for what he believes, what does it look like for you to live for Jesus despite the persecution that will come?