Happy People have Pure of Heart
Read Matthew 5:8
- What first comes to mind when you think about “pure in heart?” Is there anyone you can think of who personifies this? What things do they say and do to indicate a pure heart?
- How does this verse describe our heart health?
- Does this verse speak to a “one and done action” or a process? Why?
- Jeremiah 17:9 states, “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” How can we go from a deceitful heart to one that is pure?
- Proverbs 4:23 states, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” What does guarding your heart mean to you?
- What are some tools Pastor Christian mentioned we can use to keep our hearts pure?
- If we were pure in heart in our interactions with others, how would that change our motives, words, and actions towards others? How would this stand out from typical worldly interactions (i.e., selfish motives, distrust)?
- What would it look like to live out this Beatitude of being pure in heart with our neighbors, family, and friends?