In God We Trust
Read James 1:5-8
1. What is “wisdom” and does it differ from knowledge?
2. What are various avenues through which God provides his wisdom?
3. What does verse 5 tell us about the character of God? How does it serve to correct our tendency to see God as hard and difficult to please?
4. What is the nature and character of the doubt which James is addressing in vs. 6-8?
5. What does it mean to be a “double-minded” person? How can one avoid being double-minded?
6. How does this passage point us to the gospel and hope in Jesus?