JESUS AND THE LITTLE CHILDREN
Read Mark 10:13-16
1. What was the purpose for which people were bringing their children to Jesus?
2. What is the importance and power of parental blessing in the Bible?
3. What is the purpose of children based on this passage?
4. One commentator wrote, “In this story children are not blessed for their virtues but for what they lack.” What do you think he means by that?
5. How could you be more childlike in your spiritual life?
6. Jesus says that the Kingdom of God belongs to “such as these.” How have you, like the disciples, hindered the “such as these” from coming to Jesus? Or how have you been hindered by others?
7. How can you help your church to be more compassionate towards and inviting to the helpless, vulnerable, and powerless?