Joy for Them, Fruit for You
- What struck you from Sunday’s message?
- What are some of the reasons we do not want to obey the two very clear commands of Hebrews 13:17? Be honest!
- Why can’t we obey these (and other commands) God gives us?
- Take a look at John 14:30-31, 6:38, and Philippians 2:8. Think together about how Jesus always obeys His Father. Now Jesus lives in you through His Spirit (Ephesians 3:17, etc.) By His grace, He now gives you His desire and His power (Ephesians 1:18-20, etc.) to obey His commands. Preach this Good News to yourself daily when you lack desire or power to obey God–Jesus the obedient One loves you and lives in you and is changing you every day.
- What very practical steps could you add to our take-aways from Sunday to obey and submit to our church leaders? Take a step this week, in Jesus’ power!