My Longing for Approval
Read John 12:37-43
1. What inhibited the leaders from speaking up in spite of their belief in Jesus? If you were in their shoes, what would you be saying to yours elf as you faced this dilemma?
2. Do you relate with any of these signs of longing for approval?
You obsess about what others think.
You are often overly sensitive.
You compromise your values.
You hesitate sharing your faith.
You have a hard time saying no.
3. What past experiences might cause your longing for the approval of others?
4. In what ways are you longing for the approval of others? How has that affected you?
5. What steps might you need to take to focus more on pleasing God and living from the approval of God?