Take Note of This
Read James 1:19-21
1. What three things are we to take note of? What connection do you see between these three commands? Is there a pattern or are they independent commands?
2. When was the last time you were quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry? Have you done just the opposite?
3. What does James say about anger in verse 20? Is there such a thing as righteous anger? What is the difference?
4. To what does James refer to with the phrase, “righteousness of God?” Why does human anger does not produce this? What does your anger produce, both in the lives of others and your own life?
5. Is there “filthiness and rampant wickedness” or “unrighteous anger” in your life that you are ignoring? Is there any reason you are embracing this sin rather than “putting it off?” What will you do about them?
6. Since James is writing to believers, why does he say that the implanted word is “able to save your souls?” Do believers need to be saved? How does the context of James 1 help you understand what he means?