The Eccentric Employer
1. Think of a time when you lived like the workers “hired at the beginning of the day.” You’ll recognize that as a time when you may have grumbled at God for not being fair, kind, and/or just toward you? Why the discontent?
2. What practices might we engage in to help us live as those “hired in the last hour?”
3. Do you really want God to give you what you deserve? Why is getting what you don’t deserve so much better?
4. Consider this quote: “We all think we want to be treated fairly until we see what it looks like to be treated with unfair generosity.”
5. What insight does this parable give you about God’s reign and rule (Kingdom of Heaven) is like?