The Ideal Family
Read Ephesians 6:1-2 and Colossians 3:18-21
1. What is your favorite childhood family memory?
2. How do these passages challenge your assumptions and experiences about family life?
3. What do you hope your family to experience that you have not? Or if you have children, what do you hope your children experience in the family that you did not?
4. What is one thing you can do this week in your interactions with your spouse, parents, or children to better live out the New Testament family ideal?
5. Jesus taught and pointed toward an ideal. We can’t lose sight of God’s original ideal in spite of cultural shifts and our own failures. Are you willing to embrace this ideal standard even though you know you will fall short of? Explain.
6. There is the ideal and there is the real. Where do you need Jesus to help you fill in the gap?