The Power of the Holy Spirit in Suffering
Read 1 Peter 4:12-14
1. What kind of pain affects your life the most: physical or emotional?
2. What false assumption does Peter set straight in verse 12? How often are you surprised at the trials of life?
3. How is rejoicing in suffering different from just enduring suffering? Does God really expect you to be glad in your suffering? Why?
4. What has been your response to past sufferings? Were you angry at God or did you choose to magnify His name?
5. How does verse 14 comfort and assure you?
6. How can you be an encourager to someone this week who is going through a difficult time?