Two Kinds of Wisdom
Read James 3:13-18
1. How can you recognize a wise person (v. 13)? What two behaviors indicate a lack of wisdom (v. 16)?
2. Why does someone have to be humble to be wise, and in what ways does being wise articulate humility?
3. How do these two kinds of wisdom differ as to their source? Their symptoms? Their results?
4. How do you rate yourself on a scale from 1-10 for wisdom, using the definition in verse 17? Where is the hardest for you to show this kind of wisdom? At home? At work? At church?
5. What are some simple and practical ways you can change your actions so they better articulate the values of Christ? Share these with your group and ask them to pray for you.