What No One Told You About Family
Read Joshua 24:15
1. Have you ever made a decision that turned out to be life changing? How did you go about making the decision? In what ways are you holding yourself accountable?
2. This passage is Joshua’s challenge to the people of Israel to fully commit themselves to God. Discuss a time when someone challenged you to fully commit yourself to something (work, school, marriage…) How did you respond?
3. What thoughts come to your mind when you hear the phrase “Your family is a gift from God.” Are they happy thoughts? Not so happy? Do you feel like your family is a grind or a gift?
4. The greatest gift you can give your family is who you are becoming in Christ. How is your relationship to Christ right now? Are you close to him or do you feel distant from him? How does your relationship with God directly impacts your family?
5. The family that prays together stays together. Look over the “Daily Prayer Guide” pastor Christian shared on Sunday. Do you think you can commit to praying for your family on a daily basis? How can your group help you make that commitment?